Fall weddings create such a warm, welcoming setting – the changing color of leaves creates gorgeous scenery; the crisp air allows for use of indoor and outdoor spaces; fall food staples like apples, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin offer an exciting twist for menus; and delicious drinks such as warm apple cider are cherished by all.
With the first day of fall right around the corner, we are so excited for intimate, COVID-friendly gatherings of friends and family that foreshadow the togetherness of the upcoming holiday season.
Below we’ve gathered some of our favorite fall trends. From timeless classics to modern variations, every couple can get inspired by these ideas and incorporate them into upcoming wedding and events!
Using in-season ingredients that peak in the autumn months, these hors d’oeuvre options are sure to satisfy all your guests and give you a taste of fall.
- Sweet, savory, AND crunchy? These Cranberry Chicken Salad Apple Slices are the perfect combination for a chilled appetizer. Plus, you can try out simple substitutions like walnuts or sliced almonds instead of pecans or golden raisins or dried cherries in place of dried cranberries.
- Avoid the struggle of serving and eating chips and dip with these Spinach and Artichoke Dip Wonton Cups! They’re an easy grab and go option for guests. Not a fan of Spinach and Artichoke dip? Try out Crab Dip, 7-Layer Dip, or Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- Is it really fall without pumpkin? Soft, warm, and filling, these Pumpkin Sage Biscuits are a great replacement for a bread basket or as an option to round out your cocktail hour hors d’oeuvres. Serve them with honey butter or warmed maple syrup for a delicious, autumn-infused combination.
From sweet to sour, these cocktails and mocktails mesh warm fall flavors with familiar tastes.
- Have your pie and drink it too! This Pecan Pie Martini can serve as a cocktail and dessert all in one. Complete with a pecan caramel rim, guests will be delighted by this spin on a classic martini.
- Simple yet delicious, these Apple Cider Mimosas incorporate a more fall-forward taste into a typical brunch cocktail. For a fizzy and sweet mocktail, substitute the champagne for club soda.
- If you’re not one for sweet drinks, check out this Pear Sour. With just four ingredients, you can whip this drink up at home and surprise guests with this non-traditional fall beverage.
Fall Wedding Colors
Fall is all about those unique color palettes that catch the eye. These colors swatches create that warm, fuzzy feeling of Autumn while also incorporating surprising elements.
Beige, Dark Teal, & Moody Pink Emerald, Gold, & Forest Brown
Rust, Burnt Orange, & Mustard Silver, Plum, & Greenery