This summer may look a bit different than in years past. Although many summer weddings are downsized or rescheduled, we hope that you and your loved ones are able to gather and enjoy each other’s company in a safe way.
For this summer, we have gathered some great ideas for smaller gatherings that can also serve as inspiration for larger events next summer. Dive in!
Photo: Red Gallery Photography
Cocktails & Mocktails
Get a taste of summer with this refreshing fusion of rosemary and grapefruit! Omit the vodka for a tasty alcohol-free drink.
Cool off with this twist on a classic mojito! Complete with a toasted coconut rim, this is the perfect drink for those tropical afternoons (even in Ohio!).
Break out your blender to make these bright and tangy slushies! Omit the gin for a delicious frozen mocktail.
1. These Goat Cheese, Honey, and Fruit Crostinis are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. With different fruit options like blackberries, peaches, and strawberries, you will be sure to please every guest!
2. Nothing screams summer quite like crab! You’ll need just eight ingredients to craft these Oven Baked Crab Avocado Wontons (anyone else drooling??).
3. Check out these Cucumber Hummus Bites for a simple yet yummy and refreshing snack! Try out different substitutions like guacamole instead of hummus or kalamata olives in place of tomatoes. Bonus! They’re vegan but are sure to satisfy meat and veggie eaters alike.
These color palettes combine bright, eye-catching shades with neutrals and pastels to create the perfect blend of summer colors for your wedding!
Sky Blue, Navy, & Coral Mint, Blush, & Fuchsia
Mauve, Lavender, and Light Gray Dusty Blue, Cream, and Sunflower
Beating the Heat
Don’t sweat it! Check out these simple and effective ways to beat the heat at a summer wedding.
- Hydrate: Hydration is key to summer weddings, whether indoors or outdoors! Self-serve water stations are great options for ensuring guests can always grab some H20 when needed. Try out different infusions like cucumber and mint for an added twist.
- DIY Fans: Have your programs serve double duty as a fan! Simply tape or glue a wooden stick to the programs.
- Favors: Offer your guests useful favors like sunglasses or parasols to help them block out the sun.
- Tents: Renting a tent can be an effective option for offering your guests some much needed shade. If rentals don’t fit in your budget, opt for a shadier location at your venue that can offer some tree coverage.
- Hair & Makeup: Use waterproof makeup for a longer lasting look. Or try out airbrush makeup, which may last longer than traditional makeup. For your hair, an updo will keep your hair off your neck and face and keep you cooler!