Now that you and your new fiancé know that you are tying the knot, you will be able to start planning your wedding. One of your first tasks will be to pick a date! In fact, this will be one of the many questions that you will get asked over and over by your guests once you announce your engagement, so why not have an answer for them?
However, choosing a date can be a daunting task! As there are 360 days that you have to choose from.
We believe that every couple should tie the knot on the best day! That’s why, here at the Darby House, as a Columbus wedding venue, we have gathered some tips to assist you with choosing the date for your own big day. Would you like to discover what these tips are? If so, be sure to read on:
- Your Wedding Budget. Your budget will be a vital detail that will influence many of your wedding decisions, including your date. Consider booking on a weekday if you would like to save some money, as most venues and vendors are less expensive on off days.
- Choosing the Season. What season do you find most beautiful? The season in which you host your wedding should complement your desired theme. If you are seeking a vibrant and warm display, consider the spring or summer months. However, for a rich and deep appeal, fall and winter would be ideal.
- Available Venues. Even if you have your eye set on a certain venue, you will still need to check their available dates. If your desired dates are booked, you may need to look elsewhere, or change your date. However, if your dream venue is only available on certain dates, you may just have to choose one of them.
- Setting Your Schedule. Life sometimes gets away from us! Consider the busy times in your life, such as in your career and yearly plans, when choosing your wedding date. Also, if you plan to take your honeymoon immediately following your nuptials, this should also be considered.
- Important Dates. Are there any important dates in your relationship? Think about the date that you became engaged, met for the first time, or even shared your first kiss. These would be easy-to-remember dates and would honor this special time in your life.
No matter the date you choose, your wedding day will be absolutely perfect, as you are marrying the person you love! These are just a few tips to assist you with choosing yours.
Are you ready to book you a wedding venue in Galloway, Ohio for your own big day? If so, please contact us here at the Darby House, as we would be excited with the opportunity to host your celebration!